Friday, May 22, 2009

Transfixed


One day you’ll finally take notice, but I assure you I’ll be long gone

Please make no mistake about it, this time I’m really moving on

I’m thinking about leaving this city, so I shant have to walk on our streets

Going to wash all of my good linens, so your lies don’t crust on my sheets

Just to make sure you take notice this time, I’m going to go buy myself a gun

If voodoo doesn’t work with these bullets, I’ll just shoot up your picture for fun

The pros are all out on strike now and the cons take up two pages on the ledger

Good enough just ain’t good enough anymore, only lubricated for your pleasure

Breakfast in bed is now just a lonely ritual, just like crying for no obvious reason

If loving you is right I want to be wrong, can’t continue to commit this love treason

I’ll piece together my broken heart and hide it, in a strongbox is where it will keep

Going to schedule my crying for mornings only, because this wet pillow is torturing my sleep

I know I’ll never find another lover like you and for that my emotions are mixed

Yet I’ll never be as blind to put my own needs behind and on another be so much transfixed

No comments: