Friday, May 29, 2009

The Letter S (excerpt)

....“Yeah girl, I’m goin’solo, no mo’….I’m gonna hold on to this nigga…Is he fine??? Girl please, and you know this…How long have we been talkin’????? Since last Monday, but shit I already know….His status???? I don’t know how much money he makes. He works in systems sales, so I guess he makes pretty good money…..HIV status???? Girl what the fuck is you talkin’ about, that nigga is clean from head to toe….Yeah I know you see all kinds of different people down at the clinic, but he ain’t like that….Ok, I will girl….Allright, I said I’ll ask him, Damn….I’ll talk to you tomorrow girl…. Shiiit, I ain’t gonna lie to you, I’ll probably jus’ call you Monday, 'cus tonight I know what it’s gonna be and tomorrow I gotta get up and go to Sunday School….Okay girl, I’ll talk to you later.”


Sheila and Stan, young love in full bloom. Hot quick sex at lunchtime in the office building stairwell, wet and wild high times on the living room sofa and late nights spent making sweet love under satin sheets. Then all of a sudden, there are phone calls unreturned, no noontime rendezvous, no late night soul sessions and no early morning moanin’. Young love can be so fleeting. And so it goes.


…..“Stan!!!! Stan!!!! Stan!!!!, I know you in there, answer the phone, it’s Sheila!!!! I can see your Suburban sittin’ outside. I bet you up there fuckin’ some new skeezer. My girl Shirley says she saw you at the STD clinic. She says you got that shit!!!!....Stan!!!! Stan!!!! Stan!!!!”….

No comments: