Thursday, May 14, 2009

For No Particular Reason


Let’s go talk about the revolution out on the veranda
and wait for the White Zin to chill
We’ll speak in spirited tones of outrage about Darfur
while we wait for the corn to grill
We’ll talk intrepidly about capitalistic White demons
and how they stole our native soil
We’ll pass the time in fiery oration about reparations
while we wait for the lobsters to boil
We’ll curse the oppressor in the language of his ancestors
and their murderous thieving ilk
Girl where did you get that pretty duvet cover????
Is that real Chinese silk????
Don’t even get me started on them Chinese folks
now they’re the oppressor too
Investing in Africa and creating jobs
like we were going to do
I know you heard ole such and such is a big sell out now
Brother went out and got a federal gig
Trust me as soon as I get my tenure at the university
I’m gonna blow the lid off the system - You dig????
'Cus I’m a strong Black warrior
I won’t ever lose my edge
Honey have you seen my old step show shoes?
I heard the new Greeks are about to pledge
It’s so hard to be Black in America
Let’s discuss it over brunch at the Four Seasons
We’ll do lunch soon and talk about revolution
for no particular reason

No comments: